2/15/10

Free Verse: Sleep

If sleep to me was beyond a word;
a fulfill I both remember and miss,
an easy gate towards senseless bliss.
Ah, restedness I envy.
Wish I: speed of light as my skill to circumnutate the earth until I find the night.
Or rather,
whilst the world will spin
I’d take a spacenap; outside the atmosphere
and stay opposite the sunny demand.

Liest he there, Sleep does.
His flutterly hand - a malicious beckon. He rests it on my head,
the weight and undeniable strength
pushing.
D
r
i
p
s
water on my shoulders – tick tock tick
each second = more weight.
A gentle, condescending smile beside my face.
Cares who for dawn and the busy?
Life is useless
without dreams f i l l i n g in the cracks
, he says.
My drooped eyelids - flags of surrender.
VOICES
of Import
speak to my deaf stupidity. Hazed vision impedes any answer.

Falls
d
o
w
n
resolve - disolvingly useless
Blank is my stare,
empty is my mind of all
but one all encompassing desire
"Sleep," every cells yearns/burns
Not a soldier, groan I
No need for solowars
.................
My moment loss but a piffle

Back I go to consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment