2/16/10

Tentative Euphoria

Here it comes: expect the worse
It could never be me, of course
Wait for another name to be said
Don't you dare get those hopes in your head
I'd agonized each minute, waiting to hear
At the moment of truth, said slow and clear

It's...me.

Should I scream? Should I cry?
Possibilities are extensive, but then I
Can only gasp and clutch at my hair
Gone is all reason to try not to care
I WON!Everybody grins at my face
Congratulations are all over the place
"I knew right away it was gonna be you"
They say it like it's really true!

By myself, I dance in my room
My eyes closed, I flail to the boom
Of the music that reaches both fingers and toes
To outer space. I can only suppose
That it's all for me, all that I did
But there's one thing I can' get rid
Of; the unsettled thought of risking again
Standing before a judges' stand
And thinking I won't continue to win
But still be glad that I got to begin

No comments:

Post a Comment