2/15/10

Then and Now OR Sky and Rain

Then:
Hand in hand
Heart to heart
Sharing
Perfect
Pieces to a two piece puzzle
She and I

Now:
Side by side
Squinting
Unsure
Becoming surer
Potential
You and Me

Then:
A boy
A mistake
Shaken
Distant
Didn't learn
More mistakes
Didn't care
She.....and I

Now:
Hesitant to care
Especially around boys
Watches aftermath of mistakes
Potential of withdrawing
In fear
You...and Me?

Then:
First went the phone calls
Then the chats and emails
Stopped caring
Friend is like the sky
I am the rain
I am easily dropped
And I don't care.
No 'And'. Just She. Then I.

Now:
Fear isn't evident
As I was cautious
To care in the first place
I remember
That friends are like skies
And I am the rain
If you want me
I'm here
You don't
I'll still be here
But not always
Friends aren't forever
I've learned that
It's up to you
If you want us to still be
You and Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment